Sigirya and Minneriya from Negombo (2 Days)
Squeeze visits to the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, Pinnawala, and Minneriya National Park on this overnight private tour from Negombo. This private tour ensures personalized attention rom your guide and the ability to travel at your own pace. You'll learn about this richly historic and culture-soaked area of Sri Lanka through guided commentary as you travel.
- Transport in a Private Vehicle, Fuel, Parking & Highway tolls.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide throughout the tour.
- 2 x 500ml Water Bottles per Person per Day.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges.
- Hotel Accommodation and Meals.
- Entrance fees to the respective sites.
- Chauffeur Guide's Accommodation.
- Visa and Related Expenses.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
What to Expect
Negombo > Dambulla > Minneirya > Sigiriya
Dambulla Royal Cave Temple
Enter the historic caves of the Golden Temple of Dambulla, dating back to the 1st century BC. View the ancient murals depicting the life story of Lord Gautama Buddha. Look at the hundreds of figurines of Buddha and other deities scattered throughout the five main caves. Visit the Cave of the Divine King, Cave of the Great King and the Great New Monastery. See the giant golden Buddha Statue just a little distance outside the cave complex.
- Duration: 1 hour
Minneriya National Park
Get a chance to go on an oxen cart ride, and experience the world from the view of a village farmer. Have a relaxing catamaran safari through a calm lake. Walk through the golden fields ripe with their harvest of paddy. Watch an enjoyable traditional cooking demonstration that teaches you the basics of Sri Lankan cuisine. Delight your tastebuds with a home-cooked lunch; made over a wood-fire and served on fragrant lotus leaves placed over woven trays. Enjoy the life of a Sri Lankan villager, just this day.
- Duration: 3 hour
Sigiriya > Negombo
Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya, where the King Kasyapa ruled. Walk through the entrance framed by the paws of a lion that is quite appropriate for its name, ' the Lion Rock'. View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame. Climb the steep staircase to see the terraced gardens and still-working cisterns. Walk through the tunnels leading to the palace as you get a feel for times long past.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Comfortable clothes and hats recommended.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.