Agro Tour (4 Days)
Sri Lanka is a country with an Argo based economy. where agriculture and farming have been given pride of place from the times of ancient Kings. The tour offers great insight into the agricultural practices, some traditional and others more modern. You can watch paddy being cultivated or harvested to the chanting of customary harvest songs (depending on the time of you visit), visit the plant and seed nurseries commercial vegetable farms, orchards, dairies and tea plantations.
Day 01 in Negombo
Jim’s Farm Villa
Jim’s Farm Villas offer a wealth of experiences to introduce you to the fantastic diversity of Sri Lanka’s environment. Kevin, the owner of the hotel and farm, dedicated the farm to his father’s memory. Jim was a farmer in Suffolk, England for many years, and inspired Kevin to create his own sustainable organic farm in Sri Lanka.
Day 02 in Melsiripura Farm
Melsiripura farm consisted of four Divisions viz. Medamulla, Ragedara, Wagolla and Walpolayaya was taken over by the National Livestock Development Board during 1976-1977 periods. Melsiripura farm is situated on Kurunegala-Dambulla road approximately 28km from Kurunegala. (Time – 3hrs) Here you will get to know about the Coconut cultivation process & how the coconut is being plucked. Milking process from the cows, will be a new experience.
Day 03 in Hingurakgoda
CIC Seed Production Farm
CIC Seed Production Farm, the biggest seed production farm in Sri Lanka located at Hingurakgoda Divisional secretariat division in Polonnaruwa District. Polonnaruwa district is one of the famous paddy cultivation area in the country. Activates which you will be getting here are, paddy field. If you like you can get on to the paddy field & learn about the rice cultivation process. Once we are done here, you can visit the Fruit & vegetable farm within the farming site. The farm receives irrigation water from the Minneriya reservoir to produce high quality seed. (Time – 3hrs)
Day 04 in Kandy
Mlesna Tea Fortress
Situated on the road to Kandy in Kiribathkumbura between Pilimathalawa and Peradeniya, the Tea Fortress is a citadel for the finest varieties of Mlesna tea. Resembling a well-fortified fortress, the setting and atmosphere once inside is nothing but warm and friendly. (Time – 3hrs) In a Tea factory you will be taught how the tea leaves are plucked & processed. This will take approximately 03 hours. You can purchase Tea from their stole & taste some tea for free.
On completion proceed to the airport for your departure after spending a memorable time in this island.
- Accommodation on sharing one double room at the hotels specified in hotel collection.
- Meal plan on Bed and Breakfast basis starting with breakfast on day 2 and ending with breakfast on day 6.
- Transport in a Private Vehicle, inclusive of all chauffer accommodation, cost of fuel, parking & highway tolls.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide throughout the tour.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges (Except for Credit Card Charges)
- Entry Visa Fees, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application.
- International / Domestic Airfare.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Tips & Portages.
- Cost of Beverages
- Meals where not specified.
- Entrance fees where not specified.
- Daily 1ltr bottle of water Per Person.