Southern Coast Highlights from Ahungalla
(SKU: LK60400300) This one-day tour offers you the opportunity to tour the best attractions on the Southern coast of tropical Sri Lanka. Visit a tea factory to discover the mysteries of tea-making. Marvel at the skill of the stilt fishermen. Learn with a cooking demonstration of local food and spices. Relax with a fresh seafood lunch. Tour a city of Galle and visit the famed Galle Fort. This is a tour for all ages.
- Transport in a Private Vehicle, Fuel, Parking & Highway tolls.
- Service of English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide throughout the tour.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges.
- 2 x 500ml Water Bottles per Person per Day.
- Hotel Accommodation and Meals.
- Chauffeur Guide's Accommodation.
- Entrance fees to the respective sites.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Visa and Related Expenses.
What to Expect
Handunugoda Factory is famous for its Virgin White Tea, which is one of the most expensive teas in the world. The tea is plucked and made without being touched by humans, partially following an ancient Chinese tea plucking ritual. You will be guided around the factory and given an opportunity to try and buy the Virgin White Tea, along with many other tea types. Handunugoda is also one of the only tea factories in Sri Lanka which is close to the coast.
Discover the city of Galle, where the Portuguese and Dutch made their headquarters, and it's secrets. Visit the Galle Fort which is one of the best-preserved fortifications in Asia. View the Maritime Museum, Galle National Museum, and the lighthouse. Walkthrough the cobblestoned streets with their Dutch names as you learn more about their histories.