Coastal Ride to Galle from Ahungalla
(SKU: LK60400200) his one-day tour takes you on a coastal ride of wild adventure and sublime relaxation. Explore the mangrove depths of Madu River. Get that perfect tan on the white sands of Unawatuna. Enjoy walking over cobblestones steeped in history as you view the old city of Galle. See Moonstones Mines in Metiyagoda. Create an unforgettable and wonderful experience on your vacation.
- Transport in a Private Vehicle, Fuel, Parking & Highway tolls.
- Service of English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide throughout the tour.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges.
- 2 x 500ml Water Bottles per Person per Day.
- Hotel Accommodation and Meals.
- Chauffeur Guide's Accommodation.
- Entrance fees to the respective sites.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Visa and Related Expenses.
What to Expect
Go on a wonderful boat ride down the Madu River with its flourishing ecosystem. Pass through the secretive passages created by the mangroves. See the basking crocodiles and water monitors. Visit one of the small islands with its cinnamon harvesting natives. Enjoy the restorative qualities of the famous fish massage. Observe the waterbirds in their natural habitats.
Discover the city of Galle, where the Portuguese and Dutch made their headquarters, and its secrets. Visit the Galle Fort which is one of the best preserved fortifications in Asia. View the Maritime Museum, Galle National Museum and the lighthouse. Walk through the cobblestoned streets with their Dutch names as you learn more about their histories.
Hear more about the difficulties faced by the miners. Grab the opportunity to purchase some marvellous pieces; though you will need to haggle to get a reasonable price. This tour shows you the traditions of one of the oldest trades in Sri Lankan history - gem mining.