Maduru Oya National Park Private Safari
(SKU: LK50N01000) Get a chance to see Asian Elephants as you go on 3-hour Safari in Maduru Oya National Park. Drive through the many habitat types within the National Park and see some rich nature and wildlife within them.
- Private Safari Jeep (Maximum of 6 Passengers per jeep).
- Hotel pickup and drop-off if outside of 5km of park entrance gate.
- Entrance fees for Jeep-only bookings. (entrance fees to be paid in cash)
- Food and drinks.
Maduru Oya National Park which is 58,849 hectares in content is located in the dry zone and 314 kms from Colombo. It is situated by Kuda Sigiriya, a great eco location yet to be explored. Maduru Oya is well known for its elephant habitat. Other than elephants, leopards, sloth bears, Sambhur, spotted and barking deer, wild boar and wild buffalo are also found here. Torque Macaque, Purple-faced leaf monkey and nocturnal slender Loris are also found in the park. Lesser Adjutant, Woolly necked stork, Openbill, painted stork, Racket tailed Drongo, Yellow-fronted barbet, Sri Lanka jungle fowl and spur fowl are among the over 100 species of birds found within the park.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Near public transportation.
- No Expectant Mothers.
- No Serious Medical Conditions.
- Priced is fixed per vehicle
- A maximum of 6 people per vehicle.
- An opportunity to see the Greater Flamingo (Seasonal).
- Watch a beautiful sunset if you select the evening safari option.
COVID-19 health and safety measures
You have added the following safety features:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas.
- Face masks provided for travelers.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized.
- Guides required to regularly wash hands.
- Regular temperature checks for staff.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival.
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms.
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons.