Kithulgala Adventure Tour from Hikkaduwa (2 Days)
Kithulgala Adventures is a short, single night, 2-day tour that’s ideal for the adrenaline junkie. Set in Kithulgala, this excursion will give you the opportunity to take your thrill for adventure to new heights with a challenging whitewater rafting session and a cycling tour and hike into the Belilena caves before your departure back to your hotel in Hikkaduwa.
- Transport in a Private Vehicle, Fuel, Parking & Highway tolls.
- Service of English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges.
- 2 x 500ml Water Bottles per Person per Day.
- Hotel Accommodation and Meals.
- Entrance fees to the respective.
- Chauffeur Guide's Accommodation.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Tips & Portages.
- Visa and Related Expenses.
What to Expect
Hikkaduwa > Kitulgala
Makandawa Forest Reserve
Start your journey at 0630 hrs from your hotel in Hikkaduwa. You will be met by a designated chauffer guide from Lakpura Travels. After the formalities at the hotel, you will be escorted to your air-conditioned vehicle and proceed to Kitulgala to let your adrenaline rush explore. (Travel Time – 3 to 3 1/2 hrs) On arrival to Kitulgala engage in a White Water Rafting Session, Canyoning and Flat Water Kayaking. Enjoy the thrill of adventure as your whitewater raft down the rapids of a 5km stretch of the Kelani River. Bounce through the turbulent white-waters with the confidence and protection offered by proper safety measures. Let your adrenaline rise as you are whirled through the foamy rapids in an experience you will never forget. Go on the ultimate adventure in the gushing waters and deep green forests of Kithulgala. Canyon through the waterfall of Kitulgala, sliding down its thrilling slopes. Abseil down the waterfall while enjoying panoramic views. Hike through the rainforest and learn more about the wildlife. Make your holiday more exciting. On completion proceed to the hotel and check-in.
- Duration: 3 hour
- Admission Ticket Included
Kitulgala > Hikkaduwa
After breakfast at the hotel go on a cycling tour to Belilena Cave. This tour gives you the chance to go on a cycling tour through the pretty rubber estates of Kithulgala and to see the Belilena Caves. Cycle through overgrown rubber plantations. Hike through the dense jungles around Kitulgala. Explore secretive caves where mankind began. See the archaeological excavation which is famed for the discovery of the ‘Balangoda Man’ skeleton. Make some wonderful memories with your photographs. On completion start your journey back to your hotel in Hikkaduwa. (Travel Time – 3 to 3 1/2 hrs)
- Duration: 1 hour
- Admission Ticket Included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Comfortable clothes and hats recommended.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.