Eco Tours of Sri Lanka (3 Days)
Eco Tours of Sri Lanka (3 Days)
(SKU: LK103E5011) Stream baths, upstream hikes, nature rambles, archeology explorations, bird watching and picnics in our neighborhood. Forest walks, boulder scrambles, a spot of caving and the loveliest of it all – stream hikes.
Day 01 in Sigiriya
Arrive at Colombo International Airport at TBA hrs. Here, you will be met by a designated chauffer guide from Lakpura Travels. After the formalities at the airport you will be escorted to your air-conditioned Car and proceed to Sigiriya. (Travel Time: 3 to 4 Hrs)
Enter the historic caves of the Golden Temple of Dambulla, dating back to the 1st century BC. View the ancient murals depicting the life story of Lord Gautama Buddha. Look at the hundreds of figurines of Buddha and other deities scattered throughout the five main caves. Visit the Cave of the Divine King, Cave of the Great King and the Great New Monastery. See the giant golden Buddha Statue just a little distance outside the cave complex.
A network of red earth roads takes you deep into isolation as chena cultivation blends with high grass and thick forests. It is here that we discovered an abandoned paddy field that had become a delicate green of illuk grass; a circular clearing at the base of a hill, ringed by thick forest on the sweeping curve of two streams. A small secret place for all forms of wildlife - elephants, sambhur, birds and butterflies - to visit.
Day 02 in Sigiriya
Dehigaha Ela Eco Lodge
Trek along the stream and have dip in the natural pools This, without doubt, is the favourite activity of visitors to Dehigaha Ela Eco Lodge. The cold and sparkling Dehigaha Ela stream falls into the murky warm Kiri Oya River at the edge of the lodge. Let the tumbling water massage you, allow the cheeky fish nibble at your toes, or just disappear in to the cool pools of water.
Day 03 in Sigiriya
Sigiriya Rock Fortress
Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya, where the King Kasyapa ruled. Walk through the entrance framed by the paws of a lion that is quite appropriate for its name, 'The Lion Rock'. View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame. Climb the steep staircase to see the terraced gardens and still-working cisterns. Walk through the tunnels leading to the palace as you get a feel for times long past.
After breakfast at the hotel, check out and proceed directly to Bandaranaike International Airport for your departure from Sri Lanka after spending a memorable time on the island.
- Accommodation at the hotels specified in hotel collection.
- Meal plan on Bed and Breakfast basis starting with breakfast on day 2 and ending with breakfast on day 3.
- Transport in a Private Vehicle, inclusive of all chauffer accommodation, cost of fuel, parking & highway tolls.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide throughout the tour.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges (Except for Credit Card Charges)
- Entry Visa Fees, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application.
- International / Domestic Airfare.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Tips & Portages.
- Cost of Beverages
- Meals where not specified.
- Entrance fees where not specified.
- Daily 1ltr bottle of OLU water Per Person.
- 1 Un-loaded SIM card.
Also available on: