Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and Village Tour from Colombo
(SKU: LK60013200) Start your experience at the Pinnawala elephant orphanage and spend some time feeding and playing with baby elephants in the Pinnawala elephant orphanage.Watch the elephants as they bathe and roll in the mud to get cool. Visit the Hingula village with a complete experience of rural village life in Sri Lanka.
- Visit UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Visit the sanctuary of the gentle giants.
- Visit the Hingula village.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- 10-minute oxen cart ride.
- Cooking experience.
- Chance to watch coconut harvesting.
- Tuk tuk ride.
- Dip in natural pool.
- Meal of roti and pol sambal.
- 1 liter of bottled mineral water per person.
- Hotel pick & drop.
- All taxes & service charges.
- Entrance fees (Millennium Elephant Foundation).
- Food or drinks.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Expenses of personal nature.
What to Expect
Start your journey at 0600 hrs from Colombo and proceed to Kandy en-route make a pause at Pinnawala and visit Pinnawala elephant orphanage and learn more about Elephants than you ever have before. Get to see and touch these gentle giants. Feed and play with baby elephants. Get a chance watch the mahouts bathe them and maybe even help out. This is an experience that takes you closer to Elephants.
Thereafter at approximately 1130 hrs visit the Hingula village. This 2-hour village tour of Hingula gives you a complete experience of rural village life in Sri Lanka. Ride a tuk tuk through rubber plantations and paddy fields to reach the village. Experience a short oxen cart ride. Get to know more about village life and the history of the local temple. Watch how coconuts are harvested. Learn to prepare a meal of roti and pol sambal (Coconut Sambal). Enjoy your meal in the shady confines of a thatched clay village home. Finish off with a cooling dip in a natural rock pool.
On completion begin your journey back to your hotel in Colombo En-route stop at a place of your choice and have lunch.
Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.