Cycling in Thalangama Wetland
(SKU: LK77010700) Sri Lanka is home to numerous birds many of whom are endemic. The wetlands that surround Colombo from the Thalangama Lake to the Baddegana Wetland Park offer a unique opportunity to sight some well loved as well as some rarely seen birds. This tour is designe...
- High Quality Bicycles in excellent condition for appropriate height.
- High quality helmets.
- Service of an English speaking host.
- A birding book and one or two binoculars to share.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Expences of personal nature.
What to Expect
Your tour will start at 0600 hrs at the Thalangama Lake Bunt, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka is home to a host of unique species of flora and fauna. The terrain and ecosystems are also really divers and intricate. This tour is for the bird watching enthusiasts out there who are keen to observe the unique birds that Sri Lanka has been blessed with and of course the migrant visitors who stop by depending on the time of year.
We will take you on bikes and on a short boat ride in the heart of the city where an unexpected wetland park will give you an opportunity to observe not only birds but also some local wild life to your heart's content. These unique elements help us to see more birds and get as close we could get to them in a very Eco-friendly and efficient manner. We will ensure you are taken to the best spots for bird watching, on great quality bikes. You will be provided with binoculars and a renowned bird book to spot and identify the birds and bottled water and a scrumptious breakfast to keep you energized. All you need to bring along is your sense of adventure, a quest for knowledge and your love for birds..
What else you should know.- The cycling is easy to moderate however it gets really warm and sweaty so dress accordingly.
- Rain can greatly affect the chances of spotting birds during the monsoon season, so please check in with us before you book.
- This is a facilitation tour than an expert level tour
- Distance : 20 km
- Duration : 3.5-4 hrs
- Elevation : 250m
- Difficulty : 2/5