Nuwara Eliya Golf Club
The Nuwara Eliya Golf Club is one of the oldest Golf Clubs in Sri Lanka. Established in the late 19th century, it is located in the hill station of Nuwara Eliya. It is an 18-hole golf course.
The Nuwara Eliya golf course was constructed in 1889 by a Scottish soldier of the Gordon Highlanders for the British servicemen and officials who were posted at Nuwara Eliya. The course covers approximately 40.5 hectares (100 acres) of land and was originally built amidst the tea plantations of this central highland region. The course is located at an altitude of 1,830 metres (6,000 ft) above sea level. It is an 18-hole, 5,851 m (6,399 yd), Par 70 layout – the scorecard is in metres however the distance from the yardage markers to the edge of the green are measured in yards.