Wireless Mobile Development
We are innovative wireless solutions that cut costs, boost productivity, and generate new revenues for clients. These enterprise – not consumer – solutions empower mobile workers, suppliers, and customers with just the right information at precisely the right time. Web Design Sri Lanka assists enterprises in extending their legacy or web-enabled applications to the wireless world. Web Design Sri Lanka leverage expertise in the e-business space to provide robust, scalable, secure solutions to our customers.
Wireless presents daunting application development challenges – a proliferation of devices with different capabilities and display formats, still evolving protocols, emerging standards, new programming languages. It takes skilled, knowledgeable developers who understand and appreciate the intricacies and complexities of advanced technology and who can quickly master wireless application design and development. Web Design Sri Lanka has been a pioneering and key player in the development of application software for the Windows CE, Symbian / EPOC 32 OS and Palm OS platforms.
What is Wireless Application / Mobile Application:
Mobile and wireless refers to the sum of all wire-free technologies, comprising licensed and unlicensed technologies. The major licensed technologies are public cellular technologies: GSM, CDMA and TDMA. Unlicensed technologies are for shorter range networks, and include Wireless LAN, radio frequency (RF) and Bluetooth. Each of these technologies has its specific characteristics, and its relevance varies by application.
Our wireless / mobile solutions span a great variety of technologies and platforms:
- Excellent experience in MFC and API under all popular mobile OSes
- Skills with all types of screens, including plain screens and touch screens
- Skills with infrared port, COM port, Network, and all synchronization types
- Custom interfaces, non-standard buttons and toolbars
- Multi-thread support
- Proprietary optimization know-how for storage/speed ratio
- Complex math algorithms under PDA OS’es
- Graphic interfaces, file management, Internet software, etc.
- With an unflinching commitment to excellence. Motivated by an ambition to continually make a mark in the mobile and wireless industry, we extend our expertise to provide customized solutions for the corporate and vertical markets.
- For organizations with existing Internet applications, we can help to quickly redesign and extend those applications to the wireless environment.
- For organizations that are looking for ways to leverage the wireless Web, our full lifecycle services can help identify opportunities and architect and implement solutions.
- For organizations that have already identified their wireless applications, we can deliver the technology, skilled development resources, and project managers necessary to build those applications fast by leveraging its onshore/offshore development model
Wireless Skill Set at Web Design Sri LankaWireless Technologies
Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition (J2ME), Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless (BREW), WAP/WML/WML Script, JavaCard, SMS, GPRS, Bluetooth, Unstructured Supplementary Services Data (USSD), Cell broadcast (CB), SIM Application Toolkit (SAT), Mobile Station Application Execution Environment (MExE)Wireless OS’s
Palm OS all versions, including 4.0, Windows CE all versions, Symbian (Epoc), Pocket PC, Amiga OS
Wireless Development tools
Microsoft .NET Mobile Web SDK, OracleMobile Online Studio – solution hosted by OracleMobile, Bluestone Total-e-Mobile, Lutris Enhydra, MorphisServers
Microsoft Mobile information server (MIS)Methodologies
UML, Design Patterns, OOAD/OOP, XProgramming