Deva Sanniya (Standard)
(SKU: LS24118000) Cholera, typhoid, measles, mumps, chicken pox and other contagious diseases were said to be the work of the dewa sanni yaka. Because these diseases were epidemics that proved fatal, the ancients believed that they were caused by the gods. Due to this reason the mask of this sanni yaka was carved with a crown.
- 1950s-1960s era Sir Lankan, culturally used wooden masks.
- A character of the 18 Sanni masks group.
- A polychrome wooden disease mask used for healing rituals.
- Masks play important roles in religious, healing and exorcism rituals.
- The actual product may slightly vary from the images shown on the website due to the fact that each peace is hand-made and hand-painted.
- Certain countries require that all wood based items are fumigated before arriving in the respective country. Please check import regulations in your country. If fumigation is required, buyer needs to pay the costs assoicated with fumigation.
- Read more details about (1) Deva Sanniya (2) Vata Sanniya (3) Pith Sanniya (4) Amukku Sanniya (5) Naga Sanniya (6) Ginijala Sanniya (7) Selesma Sanniya (8) Kapala Sanniya (9) Maru Sanniya (10) Kadawata Sanniya (11) Kora Sanniya (12) Buhutu Sanniya (13) Kana Sanniya (14) Jala Sanniya (15) Bihiri Sanniya (16) Golu Sanniya (17) Vevulum Sanniya (18) Gedi Sanniya (19) Maha Kola Sanniya
- Shipping cost is calculated based on Volumetric Weight. Please refer to Shipping Policy for more details.
- Masks are made from acrylic paint on goda kaduru (strychnine tree) wood.
Also available on