Lakpura Traditional Toasted Chili mixed Curry Powder (Thunapaha)
This traditional homemade Sri Lankan toasted chili mixed curry powder is suitable for any curries. By adding small amount you can cook very tasty curries like (kirihodi) potato, or dhal curries.
Try using it with any vegetable curry it gives traditional test of Sri Lankan meals and this curry powder works great with meat and fish curries too.
- Chili - Capsicum annuum
- Coriander - coriandum sotivum
- Cumin seed - ciminum cyminum
- Fennel seed - foreniculum vulgsrep
- Fenugreek - trigonella foenum-graecum
- Mustad Seeds - brassica nigra
- Cardamom - elettaria cardamomu
- Cinnamon - cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Cloves - eugenia caryophyllus
- Curry leaves - murraya koenigii
- Rampe - Padanus Latifolius
This curry powder is simply store in a cool dry place for more than 6 moths or dark cupboard in a sterilized glass jar or airtight container for a few months. All ingredients are washed, strained and dried under sunlight and toasted in pan well ended.
How to use
Before you cook vegetable curries add curry powder + turmeric and mix well or you can add half boiled as you wish. Meat or fish curries wash well and mix the powder and cook or keep it in the refrigerator until you need to cook.