Yala National Park Safari from Udawalawe (Private Day Tour)
Sri Lanka has long been regarded the country which produces the best tea in the world. This is your opportunity to visit tea gardens and learn how it all happens.
- Availability – all year around.
- Transfer arrangements to be picked up and dropped off to any preferred destination .could be provided on request.
- Preferred starting time: 9 a.m.
- Duration – 3 to 4 hours.
- Meeting point – Pre-arranged meeting point in Akurassa.
- Children 6 to 12 years of age will be charged 50%.
- Demonstration of the tea making process at the two factories (black tea & green tea).
- Introduction to the tea plucking method and experience tea plucking.
- Introduction to the tea tasting process.
- Service of an English-speaking guide.
- All Government taxes and service charges.
What to Expect
After the welcome, introduction and initial briefing, we start the day’s programme. Sri Lanka has long been regarded the country which produces the best tea in the world. It is also the country which leads the world in the export of black tea. The emergence of green tea as a health drink over the last two decades has created an opportunity for Sri Lankan tea manufacturers to grow and export high quality green tea as well as black tea
Sri Lanka Day Tours gives avid tea lovers an opportunity to experience the manufacturing process first-hand at an award-winning tea factory in the south. This factory, located in Akuressa in southern Sri Lanka, a 30-minute drive from Matara, is among the pioneers of producing organic green tea in the island, and has an almost 80-year history of producing premium black tea
The tea factory premises contain two separate facilities – one each for black tea and green tea. Your visit will include a tour of both facilities, and you will get an insight into how each of the products is processed to its final form. Guests will be given a chance to participate in tea plucking – an important part of the process – and you will be given a basic training on the techniques, as only specific buds are plucked for consumption
After visiting the tea factories, you will be given an inside look into the tasting process, and will get to taste some of the finest varieties.
- Clients should bring suitable clothing for warm, windy and rainy conditions
- Recommended items such as insect repellent and sun lotion should be brought by clients
- Lightweight clothes and trekking shoes/boots/sandals should be worn during the tea garden visit