Southern Coast Highlights and River Safari from Bentota
This one-day tour offers you the opportunity to tour the best attractions on the Southern coast of tropical Sri Lanka. Visit a tea factory to discover the mysteries of tea Manufacturing. Marvel at the skill of the stilt fishermen. Relax with a fresh seafood lunch. Tour a city of Galle and visit the famed Galle Fort. This is a tour for all ages. Go on a lovely Boat Safari in Madu River.
- Only tea factory situated by the sea and produces white virgin Tea.
- Pictures stilt fisherman.
- The old colonia city of Galle.
- Lovely boat safari in Madu river.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop off from a hotel in Bentota.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees. (Boat Safari in Madu River).
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
What to Expect
You will be starting your tour at 0830 hrs from your hotel, where you will be picked up by your chauffeur. Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel.
The first stop on your tour itinerary will be the Balapitiya which you will reach by approximately 0900 hrs and go on a lovely Boat Safari in Madu River.
Go on a wonderful boat ride down the Madu River with its flourishing ecosystem. Pass through the secretive passages created by the mangroves. See the basking crocodileswater monitors. Visit one of the small islands with its cinnamon harvesting natives. Enjoy the restorative qualities of the famous fish massage.
At approximately 1200 hrs you will have lunch at a place of your choice and reach Handungoda by approximately 1430 hrs.
Thereafter, proceed to Handunugoda Tea Factory which you will reach by approximately 1430 hrs. Ceylon Tea has been highly sought after for centuries. However, this tea factory is famous for a different reason. The Handunugoda Tea Factory has reawakened the ancient Chinese tradition of creating Virgin White Tea which is untouched by human hands during the manufacturing process. During the one-and-a-half-hour tour within theHandungoda premises, you will be getting to see how this mysterious process takes place to create one of the topmost luxury teas of the world.
At 1530 hrs you will be traveling to Ahangama for observing the stilt fishermen, who are one of the most iconic figures of Sri Lanka. You will be able to see them fishing and learn how they do it by speaking to one of the fishermen.
Thereafter, proceed toGalle by 1600 hrs and visit Old Colonial City.
Discover the city of Galle, where the Portuguese and Dutch made their headquarters, and it's secrets. Visit the Galle Fort which is one of the best-preserved fortifications in Asia. View the Maritime MuseumGalle National Museum and the lighthouse. Walkthrough the cobblestoned streets with their Dutch names as you learn more about their histories.
You will be returning to the hotel after this and completing your excursion by 1800 hrs to 1900 hrs.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.