Sigiriya Rock and Wild Elephant Safari from Kandy
During this full day tour to Sigiriya, you will visit a renowned UNESCO world heritage Site! Enter into a kingdom hailed as one of the greatest in Sri Lanka’s history. Start your journey at the Sigiriya rock fortress also known to be the world’s 8th wonder, and spend time exploring archeological history. Later, visit Hiriwaduna village and enjoy the traditional way of living in Sri Lanka and village culture. After enjoying a true essence of Sri Lanka in Hiriwadunna, go on a lovely safari in Minneriya national park or the best alternative park based on animal activity. At 7:30 am, you will be met by a designated chauffeur guide from Lakpura Travels. After the formalities you will be escorted to your vehicle and proceed as per the itinerary to Sigiriya.
As featured on:
- Visit the 8th wonder of the world.
- Do a tour of a village in Sri Lanka and get up close with the traditional way of life.
- Enjoy a traditional Sri Lankan village lunch.
- Meet elephants herds in the wild at Minneriya National Park.
- Transport throughout the tour in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- Hotel pickup & drop-off from/to Kandy.
- Minneriya National Park safari tour.
- Tour of traditional Sigiriya village including cooking demonstration and village lunch.
- 1-Liter of bottled mineral water per person.
- All taxes & service charges.
- Food or drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of personal nature.
- All entrance fees (Sigiriya Rock Fortress, Minneriya National Park)
What to Expect
Rising from the central plains, the iconic rocky outcrop of Sigiriya is perhaps Sri Lanka's single most dramatic sight. Near-vertical walls soar to a flat-topped summit that contains the ruins of an ancient civilization, thought to be once the epicenter of the short-lived kingdom of Kassapa, and there are spellbinding vistas across mist-wrapped forests in the early morning. Sigiriya refuses to reveal its secrets easily, and you'll have to climb a series of vertiginous staircases attached to sheer walls to reach the top. On the way, you'll pass a series of quite remarkable frescoes and a pair of colossal lion's paws carved into the bedrock. The surrounding landscape – lily-pad-covered moats, water gardens, and quiet shrines – and the excellent site museum, only add to Sigiriya's rock-star appeal.
Thereafter proceed to a local village in Sigiriya to experience a village tour. Village tour includes bullock cart ride, catamaran safari, and experience in a Chena cultivation. after an amazing time, you will enjoy a traditional village lunch at a local home. Bullock Cart (Double Ox Cart, a traditional way of transport) which will transport you through the next phase of the adventure. The journey continues through the archetypal Sri Lankan Typical village. The journey begins with an awesome cart ride through paddy fields to a bund of a manmade reservoir. The reservoir itself, the surrounding scrub jungle, marshland, and village are a hive of early morning or evening activity. The amazing birdlife, butterflies and possible sightings of crocodiles only add to the charm of seeing the villagers as they go about their early morning tasks of fishing, or washing clothes at the periphery of the lake. Thereafter you will go on a catamaran safari On arrival to the bund you will meet catamaran rider, he will take you on a lovely safari through the scenic reservoir and wade through to a Chena cultivation.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour.