Sigiriya Rock and Wild Elephant Safari from Dambulla
During this full day tour to Sigiriya, you will visit a renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site! Enter into a kingdom hailed as one of the greatest in Sri Lanka’s history. Thereafter enjoy a true essence of Sri Lanka in Sigiriya, go on a lovely Safari in Minneriya National Park or the best alternative park based on animal activity.
- A full-day private tour of Sigiriya Rock.
- Enjoy in-depth attention and personalized commentary from a private guide.
- See traditional villages and lush countryside on a drive into Sri Lanka’s interior.
- See the Buddha statues and elaborate frescoes that fill the 1st-century caves.
- Marvel at UNESCO-protected Sigiriya, a ruined fortress on a colossal rock.
- Climb up to witness the frescoes, relics and awe-inspiring views.
- Oxen Cart Ride.
- Traditional catamaran safari.
- A walk through the fields.
- Cooking demonstration on traditional Sri Lankan food.
- Delicious authentic Sri Lankan village lunch included.
- Half Day Minneriya National Park Excursion.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- 1 Jeep Safari in Minneriya National Park.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop.All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees (Sigiriya Rock Fortress, Village Tour, Minneriya National Park).
- Food or Drinks (Traditional Local Lunch).
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
What to Expect
You will be starting your tour at 0830 hrs from your hotel in Dambulla, where you will be picked up by your chauffer. The first stop on your itinerary will be the Sigiriya Rock Fortress which you will reach by approximately 0900 hrs.
Rising from the central plains, the iconic rocky outcrop of Sigiriya is perhaps Sri Lanka's single most dramatic sight. Near-vertical walls soar to a flat-topped summit that contains the ruins of an ancient civilization, thought to be once the epicenter of the short-lived kingdom of Kassapa, and there are spellbinding vistas across mist-wrapped forests in the early morning. Sigiriya refuses to reveal its secrets easily, and you'll have to climb a series of vertiginous staircases attached to sheer walls to reach the top. On the way you'll pass a series of quite remarkable frescoes and a pair of colossal lion's paws carved into the bedrock. The surrounding landscape – lily-pad-covered moats, water gardens and quiet shrines – and the excellent site museum, only add to Sigiriya's rock-star appeal.
Thereafter at approximately 1200 hrs proceed to a local village in Sigiriya to experience a village tour. Get a chance to go on an oxen cart ride, and experience the world from the view of a village farmer. Have a relaxing catamaran safari through a calm lake. Walk through the golden fields ripe with their harvest of paddy. Watch an enjoyable traditional cooking demonstration that teaches you the basics of Sri Lankan cuisine.
Delight your taste buds with a home cooked lunch; made over a wood-fire and served on fragrant lotus leaves placed over woven trays. Enjoy the life of a Sri Lankan villager, just this day.
After an amazing experience of a traditional village life of a Sri Lanka at approximately 1400 hrs proceed to Minneriya National Park to go on lovely safari.
On completion of the jeep safari at approximately 1800 hrs and return to your hotel in Dambulla.
Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas. Please do not throw any food or plastic during your safari.