Nuwara Eliya from Negombo (2 Days)
Memorable Ceylon is a short, single night, 2-day tour in the beautiful hill country of Sri Lanka. Visit the scenic hill country, surrounded by the evergreen valleys and tea estates. Explore a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha in Kandy and learn of its rich and elaborate history. Climb the cold, misty peaks of Horton Plains National Park and reach the World’s End, where your view will allow you to see Sri Lanka from thousands of meters above sea level. Explore the beautiful, cozy little town of Nuwara Eliya, deemed ‘Little England’ by the British during their rule in Colonial Ceylon several hundred years ago.
- Transport in a Private Vehicle, Fuel, Parking & Highway tolls.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide throughout the tour.
- 2 x 500ml Water Bottles per Person per Day.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges.
- Hotel Accommodation and Meals..
- Entrance fees to the respective sites.
- Chauffeur Guide's Accommodation.
- Visa and Related Expenses..
- Any expenses of personal nature.
What to Expect
Negombo > Kandy > Nuwara Eliya
Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic a UNESCO World Heritage Site which was built in the 16th century as the place of veneration and protection for Lord Buddha’s sacred tooth. Walk through the beautifully embellished passageways and elaborately painted halls, done in red, cream and black. Lounge against delicately carved pillars and get amazed by the beautiful golden statues. Get an unforgettable experience of history and art.
- Duration: 2 hour
Blue Field Tea Factory
Tea Factory and a plantation where you would see how the world’s famous “Ceylon Tea” is manufactured. In 1824 a tea plant was brought to Ceylon by the British from China and was planted in the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya for non- commercial purposes. James Taylor was a British citizen who introduced commercial tea plantation in Sri Lanka (Ceylon). He arrived to Sri Lanka in 1852 and settled down in Loolecondera estate in Kandy. Today even people who have never heard of Sri Lanka are familiar with Ceylon tea, which is known for its quality.
- Duration: 1 hour
Nuwara Eliya > Horton Plains > Negombo
Horton Plains National Park
Visit the beautiful Horton Plains National Park in Ohiya, with its montane grasslands and cloud forests. Enjoy the majestic views from the precipice of World's End and the cooling sprays from Baker's Falls. Catch glimpses of the many endemic fauna that make their home in the plains. Get to know more about the archeological finds that were discovered in the area.
- Duration: 4 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Comfortable clothes and hats recommended.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.