Misty Mountain Trails from Galle (2 Days)
Misty Mountain Trails is a short, single night, 2-day tour in the beautiful hill country of Sri Lanka. Visit the scenic hill country, surrounded by the evergreen valleys and tea estates. Climb the cold, misty peaks of Horton Plains National Park and reach World’s End, where your view will allow you to see Sri Lanka from thousands of meters above sea level. Explore the beautiful, cozy little town of Nuwara Eliya, deemed ‘Little England’ by the British during their rule in Colonial Ceylon several hundred years ago.
- Accommodation at a 3-star hotel.
- Meal plan on the Half-board basis.
- Transport in a Private Car, inclusive of all chauffer accommodation, cost of fuel, parking & highway tolls.
- Service of English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide throughout the tour.
- 1 Guided Trek to Horton Plains National Park.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges.
- Entry Visa Fees, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application.
- International / Domestic Airfare.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Tips & Portages.
- Cost of Beverages.
- Meals where not specified.
- Entrance fees where not specified.
- Compulsory Supplements on 24th December and 31st December.
What to Expect
Galle > Ramboda > Nuwara Eliya
Victoria Park of Nuwara Eliya
Later, you will visit the highland city that was the premium holiday resort town of the British in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Enjoy walking through the streets with their pretty little cottages, quaint villas and beautiful mansions. Make a memory in the old red-bricked post-office as you purchase an inexpensive and colorful postcard to take home or send to your friends. Relax at Queen Victoria Park or on the shores of Lake Gregory.
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Admission Ticket Not Included
- Accommodation: Overnight Stay at 3-star Hotel in Nuwara Eliya
Nuwara Eliya > Horton Plains > Galle
Horton Plains National Park
Visit the beautiful Horton Plains National Park in Ohiya, with its montane grasslands and cloud forests. Enjoy the majestic views from the precipice of World's End and the cooling sprays from Baker's Falls. Catch glimpses of the many endemic faunae that make their home in the plains. Get to know more about the archeological finds that were discovered in the area.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Admission Ticket Included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Comfortable clothes and hats recommended.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.