Knuckles Mountain Range Hike from Kandy
The Knuckles Mountain Range lies in central Sri Lanka, in the Districts of Matale and Kandy. The range takes its name from a series of recumbent folds and peaks in the west of the massif which resembles the knuckles of clenched fist when viewed from certain locations in the Kandy District. Whilst this name was assigned by early British surveyors, the Sinhalese residents have traditionally referred to the area as Dumbara Kanduvetiya meaning mist-laden mountain range. Knuckles Mountain Forest Range covering an area of approximately 21,000 ha is a part of the Central Highlands World Heritage site, declared in 2010. Though it is a part of Central Highlands it is well separated by Mahaweli river valley from the sides of South and east and Matale valley from the west.
- Service of an English-speaking adventure specialist.
- Refreshments with energy slabs.
- First aid with qualified first aid officer.
- Back up vehicle for emergency transport.
- Support staff fee for guide, helper(s), and qualified first aid officer.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Any transportation up to the trail head at Knuckles Mountain.
- Any additional beverages or food.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of personal nature.
What to Expect
- Arrival time will be 0630 hrs at the Knuckles Mountain range trailhead.
- Brief description of the route and the hike. There will be two trekking options for selection – Waterfall trekking (9 K.M’s both ways) or the Knuckles peak hike (16 K.M’s both ways).
- Starting the hike at 0645 hrs.
- Rest stops within every 1.5 K.M.
- Estimated time to reach the top by 1215 hrs.
- Photography session.
- Climbing down by 1315 hrs.
- Reaching the trail-head by 1730 hrs.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour.
- Difficulty Level: Medium-High.
- The experienced and well-trained guide would take every precaution to ensure the safety and well being of all guests on tour as your safety is our prime concern.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions.
- Personal items for warm/windy/rainy conditions should be carried by clients.
- The experienced and well-trained guide would take every precaution to ensure the safety and well-being of all guests on tour as your safety is our prime concern. However, Lakpura or its employees do not accept any liability for death, injury or illness of guests while on tour caused by any animal, reptile, insect, and events of nature or any type of accident.
- Lakpura does not accept any liability for the loss or damage of any personal belongings while on tour.
- No Back Problems.
- No Expectant Mothers.
- No Serious Medical Conditions.