Kandy City Tour from Colombo
During this full-day tour to the last kingdom of Sri Lanka, spend some time feeding and playing with baby elephants in the Pinnawala elephant orphanage, visit the Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya. Enter the highly historic royal palace complex of Kandy, where the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is housed.
As featured on:
- Visiting Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
- Kandy city tour.
- Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic.
- Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya.
- Transport throughout the tour in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- Hotel pickup & drop-off from/to Colombo.
- 1-Liter of bottled mineral water per person.
- All taxes & service charges.
- Entrance tickets to the visiting sites. (Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Royal Botanic Garden, Temple of the Tooth)
- Food or drinks.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Expenses of personal nature.
What to Expect
Start your journey at 0600 hrs from Colombo and proceed to Kandy en-route make a pause at Pinnawala and visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is the home for young Elephants who have been displaced or lost from their natural habitat, located at Pinnawala village in Sabaragamuwa province of Sri Lanka. Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage is the best place for an up-close and personal experience with the world’s largest land mammals! Today with 70 elephants herein, Pinnawela has become the home to the largest captive group of elephants in the world.
Thereafter visit Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya, renowned for its variety of plants which are, ornamental, decorative & medicinal. More than 4000 species including indigenous and introduced plants. This garden is best known for its collection of orchids which is the largest in Asia.
After visiting the Royal Botanical Gardens, go on technical tours related to arts such as gem crafting, woodcarving, and batiks.
Thereafter visit the Temple of the Tooth a UNESCO World Heritage Site which was built in the 16th century as the place of veneration and protection for Lord Buddha’s sacred tooth. Walk through the beautifully embellished passageways and elaborately painted halls, done in red, cream, and black. Lounge against delicately carved pillars and get amazed by the beautiful golden statues. Get an unforgettable experience of history and art.
On completion begin your journey back to your hotel in Colombo. En-route stop at Ambepussa (Restaurant at your choice) and have dinner.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
- Please be advised that when entering Temple of the Tooth you are not allowed to cover your head (above the neck). This includes but not limited to wearing caps, hats, hijab.