Hiking to Bambarakanda Waterfalls from Ella
Bambarakanda is the highest waterfall in Sri Lanka with a sheer drop of 263 meters. The waterfall is situated in the hill town of Kalupahana near Haldumulla in the southeastern slopes of central hills. The area around Bambarakanda is rich with scenic beauty, rugged terrain, waterfalls, tea fields, and a cool climate making it an attractive destination for nature lovers.
- Hike to the Bambarakanda waterfall.
- Hotel Pick & Drop (Transport from hotel to trail starting point by Tuk tuk).
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees (If any).
- Food or Drinks (Not mentioned above).
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
What to Expect
This is not a wide waterfall but drops as a thin line from a rocky outcrop. The fall is formed by the Uduweriya Haputale Mountain and Kuda Oya, a tributary of Walawe River. This tour will take you to the bambarakanda waterfall as an amazing experience.
- 0800 hrs – Pick up from the hotel near Ella, Bandarawela and Wellawaya.
- 0930 hrs – Reach to the waterfall.
- 1100 hrs – Refreshment and snack.
- 1200 hrs –Hike for the top of the waterfall. You will reach to a mind-blowing viewpoint.
- 1300 hrs – Lunch and Beer.
- 1400 hrs –River bath (optional).natural cool bath will refresh you completely
- 1600 hrs – Back to the Main road.
- 1700 hrs – Drop off to the hotel.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour.