Non Pareil Trail Hiking Tour
The Trail of Non Pareil Hike takes you on a scenic hike through the estate of Non Pareil to the base of the World’s End. Enjoy the views across the distance filled with mountain ranges and valleys. See the vistas of southern Sri Lanka. See some of the memories of historic Nagrak estate sector in the form of its picturesque bungalow. Enjoy lunch surrounded by nature. Get some great photographs.Your safety is paramount, so you will be accompanied by a qualified first aid officer and backup emergency transport vehicle
- Difficulty Level: Low to Medium
- Views from the base of World’s End
- Lunch and Refreshments included
- First aid officer and emergency contact vehicle
- Photography session
- Private Transport throughout the excursion in an Air Conditioned Car with the service of an English Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- 3 x 300 ml Mineral water bottle per person.
- All applicable current local taxes, but subject to change at the time of booking and hotel Pick & Drop.
- All Taxes.
- Meals where not specified.
- Any expenses of personal nature.
- Tips & Portages.
- Entrance Fees and other Services not mentioned above.
What to Expect
You will be starting your hike from Belihuloya at 7:30 am. After a short presentation on the hike and safety procedures by your hiking guide, you will be leaving the starting point at 7:45 am. Your 14km hike will be taking you along the Non Pareil Road to the Non Pareil Tea Estate. The estate lies at the border of World’s End, which is a popular tourist destination
You will have breaks every 1.5 km for refreshments such as energy bars. Your hiking guide will be showing you the best sights along the way. Belihuloya is a very bio diverse region, so you may see some rare wildlife as well. You will be reaching the Nagrak estate division by 1:00 pm.
Nagrak lies at the base of the World’s End cliff and though it may not have the panoramas of the top of the cliff, it still has some amazing views of the distant surroundings. You can catch sight of the mountain ranges Galagama, Ihala Galagama and Silogama, as well as the distant southern regions of Sri Lanka. You can see some far away reservoirs and landmarks such as the Tissamaharama Dagoba. In addition to these views, you will be having a look at the Nagrak estate with its old British era bungalow.
Later you will be having lunch in the shadow of ‘World’s End’. You won’t be climbing it as the fog and weather conditions can make it treacherous on foot. After an enjoyable lunch surrounded by nature, you will be taking the same trail back to Belihuloya.
On the way back, you will be stopping for evening refreshments and an additional photographic session. You will get back to the trail head where you started by 5:00 pm, completing the hike.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour.