Cycling in Galle Lagoon Village (Private Day Tour)
The Lagoon and Village Cycling Tour goes at your own pace – we get off the beaten track with an easy 12 km (7.5 miles) ride from approx. 2.5 to 3 hours (or more) depending on how comfortable you are and how fast you wish to cycle. The tour stays primarily on dirt and gravel tracks and shows you local industries, Lagoon and mangroves, fauna, flora and also meets the local people. You can also witness the process of catching crabs. If you wish to stay away from the touristy areas and experience the lifestyle of the locals while cycling, this is a perfect tour for you!
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Excellent value for money
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Bike for your size
- Local guide
- Water and refreshments
- All government taxes and service charges included
- Food and Drinks
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Expenses of Personal Nature
- Tip of Guide
What to Expect
We start our tour at 8.30 am for Morning Departure or 2.30 pm for Afternoon Departure. At the tour operator’s house, you will be provided with welcome and tour information, bottled water, helmets and city bike or mountain bike for your size.
After a short briefing you start tour with our experienced English-speaking local guide who takes you first through small dirt roads through a small local village to lagoon and mangroves. Along the way you can always ask your local guide about the plants, animals, culture or anything about this country.
You will also experience the local biodiversity in Sri Lanka- mangrove forest, topical palms, ferns and lots of coconut trees. Throughout this journey you will pass through lush green paddy fields, a big part of people's life here in south Sri Lanka. After cycling around the lagoon. A short journey on the main road and a stop for a refreshing king coconut winds down your tour before you head back to final destination.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Half price for children under the age of 12
- Age 1-3 we provide a baby seat free of charge
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Try to come 15 minutes before the time of start
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions