Deep Sea Fishing in Trincomalee
Located on the eastern coastline of Sri Lanka, Trincomalee is one of the most perfect locations for anglers to test their abilities as this beautiful location offers some of the most plentiful fishing grounds in the country.
- Duration of tour: Max. 4 hours
- Possible period: May to September
- You will be picked up and brought back from any hotel in Trincomalee. If you are away from Trincomalee, additional changes may apply. Alternatively you could come to the meeting point on your own as well
- Option of trolling or night fishing.
- Boat Chartered and Sport Fishing Equipment Provided.
- Professional Fishing boat available for charter for an additional fee.
- Hotel pickup and drop.
- Food or drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
What to Expect
You will be starting your deep sea fishing adventure from the harbors of Trincomalee at 6:00 am or 2:30 pm, depending on whether you choose the morning or evening sessions. A night fishing session can also be arranged at a customized time and rate if required. You will also be provided with good sport fishing equipment and bait. Your boat will be a normal fishing boat which measures 15 foot at length. It's just a basic boat. If you wish for a more advanced boat with all the modern equipment, a professional fishing boat can be chartered for a separate charge.
There are two types of fishing methods used in Trincomalee. Fishing by trolling is moving boats drag one or more fishing lines or nets behind them to provide a more realistic and lifelike target as bait. Trolling is highly successful, especially in the morning hours. The other method is night fishing. Many fish species are strictly nocturnal, going into hiding in the light of the morning to escape predators. Night fishing uses the quiet darkness to lure unsuspecting prey. Night fishing is only done after 6 pm, but produces very high yields. Your tour will be completed at 9:00a.m of morning session and 6:00 pm of evening one.
- Personal effects for windy, rainy, and warm weather conditions should be considered
- Insect repellents, sun protection creams etc. are highly recommended
- Suitable casual clothing/footwear for outdoor activities
- As this activity involves a boat ride to the middle of the ocean, clients are advised that there are set safety standards to follow. Passengers will be allowed only according to the number of seats available, and every client will be provided a lifejacket, which should be worn at all times
- Obey all safety rules given by the crew.