Deep Sea Fishing in Hikkaduwa
Deep sea fishing is a great way to kick-start your day as it requires an early start and Hikkaduwa’s warm waters will be filled with scores of exotic fish. These waters are home to a host of dazzling jack trevally, Spanish mackerel, skipjack tuna, yellow fin tuna, sail fish, marlins, and frigate tuna.
- Meeting point – Hikkaduwa Harbour.
- Meeting time Morning – 7 a.m. (most preferred) Evening – 2:30 p.m.
- Duration of tour: Max. 4 hours.
- Maximum 6 pax per boat.
- Possible period November-April.
- You will be picked up and brought back from any hotel in Hikkaduwa. If you are away from Hikkaduwa, additional changes may apply. Alternatively you could come to the meeting point on your own as well.
- Experience English-speaking fishing guide.
- Boat charter fee.
- Hire of complete sport fishing equipment.
- Light refreshment and drinking water.
- Government tax.
- Transportation to and from starting point.
- Any tip for staff.
- Extra foods and beverages consumed.
What to Expect
The Indian Ocean off the coast of Hikkaduwa – Sri Lanka, has some of the most diverse species of deep sea fish in the world and this tour takes you into the heart of it all. The tour is suited to experienced anglers as well as first-timers, and makes for an unforgettable fishing expedition. An exciting excursion to add to your “thing to do in Hikkaduwa” list. This is a wonderful, 3 to 4-hour deep sea and fishing tour with a chance to catch jack trevally, Spanish mackerel, skipjack tuna, yellow fin tuna, sail fish, marlins, and frigate tuna. You will be let by an experienced and knowledgeable fishing guide. Arrive back in the harbour and proceed with your guide to a beach hut where you will be able to enjoy BBQ lunch with chilled beer. After lunch, you will be driven back to your hotel.
- Details of boat.
- Engine – 100 HP Length – 42 feet.
- Width – 8 feet.
- The boat has a small cabin and onboard toilet.
- It carries 6 trolling rod holders with outriggers.
- Personal effects for windy, rainy, and warm weather conditions should be considered
- Insect repellents, sun-protection creams etc. are recommended.
- Suitable casual clothing/footwear for outdoor activitie.