Kalthota-Hambegamuwa Cycle Tour
You will meet our guide at the Pambahinna junction on time. We start the bike ride after putting on the cycling gear followed by a brief on the safety, trail and pit stops etc.We cycle past the Sabaragamuwa University and some breathtaking scenic villages to reach the Samanalawewa lake dam. From here, we climb up few kilometres, through the forest reserve to reach a viewpoint of the magnificent lake.
- Availability - all year around.
- Preferred Starting Time - 8:00 a.m.
- Starting Point - Pambahinna Junction (Belihuloya).
- Duration - 4 to 5 hours (with stopovers).
- High quality, well-maintained mountain bikes with helmets.
- The services of an experienced cycling guide.
- Drinking water during the cycle tour.
- Packed snacks and refreshments during the trail.
- Emergency back-up at any time.
- All Government taxes.
- Transportation to the starting point and from the end point of the cycle trail (this could be arranged by us).
- Any extra beverages or food and snacks consumed.
- Optional activity costs.
- Any personal effects not mentioned here.
- Any tips for the staff.
- Any others expenses not mentioned in Price Inclusions section.
What to Expect
- A ride to 50m from 1200m passing breathtaking diverse scenery, different vegetation types and many different communities.
- Feel the climatic diversity of Sri Lanka.
- Close interaction with the local community. There are few better ways to truly experience the essence of Sri Lanka's rural culture and its untouched natural beauty than on a bicycle. Get up close and personal with some of the island's rural folk and experience what life is like in a traditional Sri Lankan village.
- Some of the tour highlights – Samanalawewa reservoir and dam, Kuragala view point, beautiful Kalthota Pass with many hairpin bends, Doowili Ella Waterfall, Kalthota irrigational canal, and the Elephant Corridors of Udawalawe National Park.You will be led by an experienced cycle guide.
- Clients should bring suitable clothing for warm, windy and rainy conditions
- Recommended items such as insect repellent and sun lotion should be brought by clients
- Lightweight clothes and biking shoes and boots should be worn on the ride
- Water bottles and refreshments should be carried by clients at all times