Culinary Experience in Colombo
The Colombo Market and Street Food Experience offer you the opportunity to experience two the most popular and bustling street markets in Colombo.
- Availability - all year around.
- Starting point - Galle Face Green, 56 Colombo - Galle Main Rd, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Preferred starting Time - 3.30 p.m.
- Duration - 3hrs
- Children 6 to 12 years of age will be charged 50%.
- Service of an English-speaking guide.
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Food and beverages where not specified.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Gratuities (optional).
What to Expect
The Colombo Street Market and Street Food Experience offers you the opportunity to experience two the most popular and bustling street markets in Colombo; while also enjoying the delicious street food. Start off with a quick rest stop at a small kiosk to try your first taste of Sri Lankan fare. Continue on to the Kolpetty Market to see the mix of colorful fresh produce stalls, meat and fish stalls, and other stores with knick-knacks, souvenirs and etc.
The Colombo Fort area will be your next destination, where you will get to experience the Malwatta Road street market. While viewing, stop for some Achcharu from the Achcharu Hut and be refreshed at the Juice Hut. Visit Galle Face Green afterwards to savour egg hoppers, normal hoppers, tempered kadala, prawn vadé and parippu vadé in the street food stalls that line the Green. Finish off at the open kitchens of 'Nana' with a meal of their superb Kottu.