Colombo City Walk with a Local from Colombo Port (Private Tour)
This tour gives you the opportunity to explore the commercial trading centre of Colombo (Colombo Fort or commonly referred at “Pettah”) interactively. Experience the true colour of Colombo and feel its heartbeat by exploring a variety of attractions as well as interacting with its vibrant people. Admire the beauty of the colonial architecture as well as the congested bazaars.
As featured on:
- Availability - Around the year.
- Starting/end point- World Trade Centre.
- Transfer arrangements to be picked up and dropped off to any preferred destination could be provided on request.
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours.
- Not recommended for children under 12 years.
- The services of a professional guide; your host for the evening.
- Drinking water during the tour.
- Snacks and refreshments purchased by the host during the walk.
- Pickup from near the Colombo Port Gate.
- All government taxes.
- Any transportation.
- Any extra beverages or food and snacks consumed (other than what’s arranged by the host).
- Entrance fees to tour sites you want to visit on your own.
- Any personal expenses not mentioned here.
- Any tips for the staff.
- Any others expenses not mentioned in price inclusions section.
What to Expect
Colombo is considered a shopper’s paradise with a fine selection of local malls, Sri Lankan arts and handicrafts. However, today you would explore the world-famous streets of pettah where you can find just about anything you want, from mobile phones and electronics to clothes and books.
Witness the great colonial influences within the city from street names, to food, to architecture. The Portuguese, Dutch and British colonists who once occupied this great city each left their unique marks on Colombo. Learn more than you can from a guide book from our experienced English-speaking guide. Your guide, well-versed in the inner-workings of Colombo, will always be prepared to impart his knowledge of this fine city’s history.
Our walks are usually around 3 to 4 hours and are conducted in the evening. This allows us to conduct them in relative comfort when the humidity of Colombo’s tropical conditions is far less intense. This also helps you experience the city when it is unwinding from the hustle and bustle of the day.
- Clients should bring suitable clothing for warm, windy and rainy conditions.
- Recommended items such as insect repellent and sun lotion should be brought by clients.
- Lightweight clothes and walking shoes should be worn for the walk.