Colombo City Tour by War Jeep (Private 3-Hour Tour)
Get this rare opportunity to see the most important landmarks in Colombo while riding vintage jeeps. Select world war II jeeps, Vietnam war jeeps or early model land rover jeeps to enjoy your excursion and be the envy of your peers. See some of the most historical places in the city as well as the Attidiya bird sanctuary. Get your sunbathing done in style on the way.
- Family friendly.
- Get inside tips from a local.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included.
- Transport throughout the tour with world war jeep (A Jeep can carry maximum of five adults).
- Service of an English-speaking driver-guide.
- 1 liter of bottled mineral water per person.
- Hotel pick & drop.
- All taxes & service charges.
- Entrance fees (if any).
- Food or drinks.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Expenses of personal nature.
What to Expect
You will be starting your tour either at 0900 Hrs. or 1500 Hrs. from your hotel in Colombo where you will be picked up. You can select to tour in either a world war II jeep (1942), a Vietnam war jeep (1945) or a Land Rover series 1 jeep (1948 - early version). The jeeps offer 360° visibility with the open air feature, which is perfect for photographs and videos.
Your tour will be unique travelling in a vintage jeep in the Colombo city traffic filled with cars, buses, motorbikes, three wheelers and other modern vehicles. You will be able to bask in both the sun and the attention as you enjoy this tour.
You will be touring the following landmarks:
- Galle Face Green.
- Galle Face Hotel.
- Dutch Hospital.
- Old Parliament.
- Old Colombo Light House.
- Colombo Light House.
- Grand Oriental Hotel.
- Colombo Harbor.
- Slave Island Area.
- Gangarama Seema Malakaya.
- War Memorial.
- Public Library.
- National Museum.
- Nelum Pokuna Theatre.
- Vihara Maha Devi Park.
- Colombo Town Hall.
- Race Course Shopping Area.
- Independence Square.
- Replica of Aukana Buddha Statue.
- BMICH - Bandaranaike Memorial International - Conference Hall.
- Attidiya Bird Sanctuary – Wetland sanctuary that has many rare and migratory birds, as well as other wildlife.
This tour package also includes bottled water and soft drinks for the duration of the tour. Of you are a motor vehicle enthusiast, you also can try driving the vintage jeep on your own in the bird sanctuary. Once the tour is over you will also get still photos and a video of your tour taken with good quality cameras. You will also receive soft copies of them and can opt to have them uploaded on Facebook if you so wish. Your tour will be completed at 1200 Hrs. or 1800 Hrs. when you are dropped off back at your hotel.
Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.