Bird watching & Trekking in Thalangama Wetland
This is a great nature excursion for those who love birds, dragonflies and butterflies.It is in close proximity to Colombo, which makes this an activity that can be done by everyone who passes or stays in Colombo. Talangama Lake is one of the best locations close to Colombo to see a wide variety of colorful birds, all through out the year.
- Endemic bird species.
- Mammals such as Purple-faced Leaf Monkey, Mongoose etc.
- Local in-land fishing community.
- Service of an experienced, English-speaking bird watching guide.
- Refreshment and bottled water.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Hotel Pickup and Drop-off.
- Food and Beverages (where not specified).
- Tips and Portages.
- Expenses of personal nature.
What to Expect
We will meet at the Talangama junction at 5.45 a.m (for the morning tour) or 3.45 p.m. (for the evening tour) where you will be greeted by our staff prior to the commencement of the nature excursion. You will then be given a short briefing on the safety, terrain and other important aspects with regard to the journey by your naturalist/guide.
You will then be taken to the Talangama wetlands where you will be able to spot an array of exotic birds, dragonflies, and butterflies. Sri Lanka’s bird life is nothing short of inspiring and because our tours include a personal naturalist you are guaranteed to be inspired. Here, you might encounter Water Cocks, Eagles, Bee-Eaters, Waders, endemic Purple Faced Leaf Monkeys, Mongoose, and Water Monitors as we explore the picturesque Talangama area.
Your nature excursion in Talangama can be organized at any time of the year although the best season for birding in this area is known to be between November and March, due to the migratory season.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour