Bird watching & Boat tour in Kalametiya Sanctuary
Kalametiya bird sanctuary is a main sanctuary for birds in Sri Lanka and one of the oldest declared wildlife sanctuaries of the country. There are over 150 species of birds in Kalametiya bird sanctuary which is located near Tangalle in the Hambantota district.
- Boat ride in a mangrove lagoon
- 150 species of birds including 54 migratory birds
- 20 species of mammals
- 41 species of fish
- 38 species of reptiles
- Service of an experienced, English-speaking naturalist.
- All Taxes & Service Charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Food and Beverages (where not specified)
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of personal nature.
What to Expect
This two-hour excursion into the heart of the sanctuary will begin at 6:00 A.M (for morning tours) or 3:30 P.M. We will meet at the designated location at 5:45 AM (for the morning tour) or 3:15 PM (for the evening tour), where you will be warmly greeted by your naturalist. You will then set out on an adventurous journey through the beautiful bird sanctuary which will take around 2 hours to complete.