Bentota City Tour from Mount Lavinia
Enjoy a full-day private group day-trip exploring three amazing locations on Sri Lanka’s southern coast. visit the beautiful Lunuganga estate, once the home of lawyer-turned-architect Sir Geoffrey Bawa. Then check out the Meetiyagoda before finishing with a boat ride on the scenic Madu River. Trip entrance fees and a private vehicle are included.
- visit the beautiful Lunuganga estate.
- boat ride on the scenic Madu River.
- Enjoy the restorative qualities of the famous fish massage.
- Visit Mitiyagoda Moon Stone Mines.
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Mount Lavinia.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- 1-boat safari through the Madu river.
- Water bottle. (per-person)
- Entrance tickets. (Lunuganga Estate)
- Food and beverages were not specified.
- Gratuities. (Optional)
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
What to Expect
Visit the country home of the famous Sri Lankan architect Sir Geoffrey Bawa. Do a two-hour tour of its uniquely designed gardens and the sections of the home that are open to the public? See his signature design style that made Bawa possibly the best architect in the history of modern Sri Lanka.
Go on a wonderful boat ride down the Madu River with its flourishing ecosystem. Pass through the secretive passages created by the mangroves. See the basking crocodiles and water monitors. Visit one of the small islands with its cinnamon harvesting natives. Enjoy the restorative qualities of the famous fish massage. Observe the waterbirds in their natural habitats.
visit Moon Stone Mines. Here, you will be spending an hour getting some new appreciation for the jewels that adorn your favorite pieces with this visit to the moonstone mines of Meetiyagoda. See the deep shafts where the stones are mined. Learn more about the rare 'blue flash' moonstones that are mined in the area. Watch the miners wash and sift the mined stones to get those of the best quality. Hear more about the difficulties faced by the miners. Grab the opportunity to purchase some marvelous pieces; though you will need to haggle to get a reasonable price. This tour shows you the traditions of one of the oldest trades in Sri Lankan history - gem mining.