Anuradhapura from Kandy (2 Days)
Ancient Heritage is a short, 2-day, single night tour of Sri Lanka’s cultural triangle as well as one of its most famous National Parks. Explore the sacred city of Anuradhapura, which once served as Sri Lanka’s capital many centuries ago, as well as the famed Dambulla Golden Cave Temple complex with its hundred Buddha figurines. Go on a wildlife safari in Sri Lanka’s largest national park, Wilpattu, where several species of animals reside including elephants, sloth bear and the highest concentration of leopard in the entire world.
- Transport in a Private Vehicle, Fuel, Parking & Highway tolls.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide throughout the tour.
- 2 x 500ml Water Bottles per Person per Day.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges.
- Hotel Accommodation and Meals..
- Entrance fees to the respective sites.
- Chauffeur Guide's Accommodation.
- Visa and Related Expenses..
- Any expenses of personal nature.
What to Expect
Kandy > Dambulla > Anuradhapura
Dambulla Cave Temple
After some rest at the hotel, visit the historic caves of the Golden Temple of Dambulla, dating back to the 1st Century BC. View the ancient murals depicting the life story of Lord Gautama Buddha. Marvel at the hundreds of Buddha figurines and other deities scattered across the five main caves. Visit the Cave of the Divine King, Cave of the Great King and the Great New Monastery. See the giant golden Buddha Statue just a little distance outside the cave complex and hear the tales of this ancient kingdom.
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Mahamevnawa Dhammachethiya Buddhist Monastery Anuradhapura
Walk through the sacred of Anuradhapura, which was the capital for over a millennium until the 10th century AD. View the pagodas, monastic buildings and ponds that are scatter all over the vast area. Visit important landmarks such as Jetavanarama, which was one of the tallest buildings of the ancient world, the Sri Maha Bodhi and the ruins of the huge Abhayagiri Monastery. Gain more knowledge about Sri Lanka's history as you walk in the footsteps of Kings.
- Duration: 2 hour
Anuradhapura > Wilpattu > Kandy
Wilpattu National Park
Go on a lovely jeep safari in Wilpattu National Park. Feel the call of the wild with the Wilpattu National Park Safari. Get a chance to catch sight of the elusive Sri Lankan Leopard and famous Sri Lankan Elephant. See hundreds of other wildlife such as deer, buffalo, monkeys, crocodiles, and rare birds. Get the photographs of a lifetime as you become one with nature. Wilpattu National Park is believed to have the highest concentration of Leopard in the entire World.
- Duration: 3 hour
Visit the place where Buddhism began in Sri Lanka. See the spot where the meeting of King Devanampiyatissa and Monk Mahinda took place. View the monastic ruins at the foot of the mountain. Walk in the footsteps of Mahinda as you visit the cave where he resided. View historic stupas, Ambasthala Dagoba and the Maha Stupa. Enter the ruins of an age long past to understand its impact on the history of Sri Lanka.
- Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Comfortable clothes and hats recommended.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate.