Anuradhapura Sacred City from Jaffna
(SKU: LK60200700) Sri Maha Bodhi an offshoot of the historical Bodhi tree under which Buddha became enlightened was planted in Anuradhapura in 288 BC,
- Sri Maha Bodhiya.
- Abhayagiri Dagaba.
- Video Camera permits.
- Tickets & Entrance fees for the sites above mentioned.
- Expenses of a personal nature or any other services not specified above.
- Porterage & Tips.
What to Expect
- Sri Maha Bodhi an offshoot of the historical Bodhi tree under which Buddha became enlightened was planted in Anuradhapura in 288 BC,
- Abhayagiri Dagaba, this is one of the most sacred Buddhist pilgrimage towns and extensive ruins in the world.
- Ruwanwelisaya Stupa is considered a marvel for its architectural qualities.
- Thuparamaya Collarbone of Buddha is enshrined in the chetiya of Thuparamaya. It is the first dagaba built in Sri Lanka.
- Lovamahapaya Also known as Brazen Palace Lovamahapaya is a complex which was once a structure of its own class.
- Jetavanaramaya This is the largest stupa in Sri Lanka. It was the third largest structure in the ancient world.
- Mirisaveti Stupa It was built by King Dutugamunu after defeating King Elara. A legend associates it with the relics of Lord Buddha.
- Lankarama This is a stupa constructed by King Valagamba in an ancient place.
- Package price based on no of pax.
- Mihinthale Site visit can be arranged according to individual or group requirement.
- Bookings can be done with Guest Relations.
- Minimum 2 people required, special discounts available for groups.
- This tour can be customized for large groups.