Explore Jaffna Tour (3 Days)
(SKU: LK60200600) This Tour offers you some of the major attraction in Jaffna. Jaffna is a city on the northern tip of Sri Lanka. By the coast, star-shaped Jaffna Fort was built by the Portuguese in the 17th century and later occupied by the Dutch and British. Jaffna Public Library is a symbol of the city’s post-war regeneration. Jaffna Archaeological Museum has Dutch cannons and pre-colonial artifacts.
During your time in Jaffna, you can engage in the following activity.
According to the history, when the sapling of Sri Maha Bodhi tree was brought to Sri Lanka by Sangamiththa Theri, the daughter of King Asoka of India in 288 B.C, the Sri Lankan King Devanampiyathissa had received Sangamiththa Theri and the group at Dambakola Patuna and were taken in procession to Anuradhapura. On the group's way to Anuradhapura, the 'Naga' tribe of Jaffna had requested the King to keep the Bo tree with them for a week for them to pay homage to it.
Visit The Jaffna Fort., Jaffna library, Nallur Kandaswamy kovil., Sangilian Thooppu and Manthiri Mannai
Enjoy a Boat ride to Naga Deepa & the Nainaatheevu Hindu Kovil. During the time in the island, you can visit the two temples.
Next Proceed to Casuarina Beach for a sea bath. Thereafter proceed to visit Elaththusithambaram Kovil.
End of Tour
- Transport in a Private Vehicle, Fuel, Parking & Highway tolls.
- Service of English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide.
- All prevailing taxes and service charges.
- 2 x 500ml Water Bottles per Person per Day.
- Hotel Accommodation and Meals.
- Entrance fees to the respective sites.
- Chauffeur Guide's Accommodation.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Visa and Related Expenses.
- Tips & Portages.
- 1 x 1 Litre water bottle per person per day.
- 1 x Local SIM card per room.